24 February 2009

Why don't you just read Dad's Twitter feed?

The other day, I came home from work and started telling my wife a story (she'd asked how my day went) of a particularly irritating event. Noah walked in and said, "We know, we know," and finished the story.

A bit of background is necessary here, by the way. My wife and I have taken to setting the kitchen timer for 10 minutes after we all get home so that we can recap the day, exchange information as needed, and otherwise have a few minutes of uninterrupted conversation. Such conversation is generally not easy to come by in our house, so it's a valued commodity.

He turned to my wife and said, "Why don't you just read Dad's Twitter feed? Then you two wouldn't have to set the timer every day." It's not a bad point, actually, but, of course, he missed the part where I actually like talking to my wife. She's the only one in the family who doesn't read my Twitter feed or my blogs, though.

My mom, a regular reader of my Tweets and blogs, gets far more information from them than from our occasional phone calls. While my wife always tells me I should call her more, I always respond that I don't need to. She reads my Twitter feed, after all.

1 comment: