25 January 2009

An easy Sunday afternoon at home

If I can just get my family out the freakin' door. We just went shopping, did the church thing, and now they're getting ready to go to a movie (Slum Dog Millionaire and/or Inkheart). However, until they're gone, I can't get a damn thing done. If my darling Luddite could figure out the new vacuum (not even a Dyson...It's just a cheap-assed Target special), I could have at least finished this sentence uninterrupted. Of course, at the moment she seems to be in nesting mode, so everything needs to be cleaner and more orderly than usual. I'm hoping that she's just ovulating. Otherwise, I'll have bigger issues getting things done.

Here's my to do list:
  • Figure out why the new tablet Classmate PC that Intel sent me to review seems to have a non-functional keyboard
  • Replace our main family desktop with a mini-desktop that Acer sent me to review
  • Apply for graduation (I still need to finish my Master's thesis, but I really have to get all the bureaucracy taken care of to make sure that I'm done in May).
  • Organize my whole bloody office to make room for a giant family photography project and easier study space for the kids
  • Write two blogs for tomorrow
  • Finish a cell phone policy for the school district.
On the bright side, I just bought a Paula Dean percolator yesterday. There's nothing like percolated coffee to infuse you with caffeine.

No comments:

Post a Comment