26 January 2009

Two words: Hand Sanitizer

I spent the day at one of our elementary schools rolling out a few pieces of software and really getting their mobile labs fully utilized. Of course, this meant spending the entire day in an elementary school. Elementary school is Old English for petri dish. Not only were there miniature people surrounding me today, but they were all coughing, sneezing, and picking their noses on the computers with which I was helping them.

The teachers had asked me before about the best way to clean the laptops before. Suddenly I understood why.

Then, after school, I talked with the teachers about the best headphones to get for the kids. Thinking of size and economy, I asked if the younger kids were all capable of wearing earbuds. One of the Kindergarten teachers looked at me and asked, "Have you seen the insides of their ears?"

We won't be ordering them earbuds. I was so happy to watch my wife clean Gabriel's ears in her normally thorough and efficient manner after his bath tonight. I will also be taking extra hand sanitizer with me tomorrow when I go back for day two of the innoculation...I mean, the rollout.

No comments:

Post a Comment