29 January 2009

My kid really likes me

Noah, my generally snarky 16-year old, just got himself an account on ZDNet and gave me a thumbs up on a blog post. ZDNet has this weird system by which registered users can rate a post worthwhile (thumbs up) or not (thumbs down). Usually unless I write some sort of Mac Users are big Girly Men post, I'm pretty even on my thumbs up and thumbs down.

H0wever, my post today on a day in the life of my Classmate got some extra thumbs-downs. I can't imagine why as it was pretty benign, but to give my numbers a boost, he climbed the ZDNet comment wall and gave me a thumbs up. I'm now at -4, thanks to him.

How nice is that? It was quite the father-son bonding moment. Maybe tomorrow I'll teach him to drive a stick shift.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone should learn on a stick shift! I wish my pops had your kind of patience. Two thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete