23 January 2009

Welcome!

Hi all...Welcome to my new blog, 5 Geeks and a Luddite. For regular readers of my ZDNet Education blog, it shouldn't be surprising that my wife is the Luddite and my four boys and I are, to varying degrees, the geeks. Bear in mind that I use the term geek in only the most positive sense. And we still love our little Luddite.

As I was relating a story the other day about one of my kids, though, I realized that it was pretty funny. In fact, it was blog-worthy. I write a couple posts a day for ZDNet, but only tend to peripherally talk about my family. My family, however, is pretty wacky.

So here goes: a personal blog centered around my family and my crazy life, as well as a grand experiment to see if I can actually generate some page views writing what amounts to a column.

By way of introduction, I'm Chris Dawson. My mom and wife will tell you that it's Christopher, but they're the only ones who call me that, along with a few close friends who picked up the bad habit from my wife. I'm the Director of Technology for a small school district in rural northern Massachusetts.

My wife, the lovely Luddite, is a stay-at-home mom when she isn't working at our local post office (it's right next door since we live in a tiny little town). Her name is Dawn.

Then there's the four other geeks: Gabriel is 6 and was tearful last night because Dawn wouldn't let him make a Twitter account. Stormy is 13, listens to terrible music, and lives by his new iPod Touch. The Touch actually brought him over to the dark side of geekdom; welcome, Stormy. Colby is 15 and a master of all things console. Noah is 16 and a big drama geek.

So that's us. Check back for stories, thoughts, irritations, and everything that goes into raising a family of six in the digital age.

No comments:

Post a Comment